Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions:
In these Conditions:
‘AIM’ means AIM Commercial Catering Equipment Services Limited (Registered number 04966282) whose registered office is at Hay-Jen Colliers Field, Cinderford. Gloucestershire. GL14 2SW
‘Equipment’ means the Customer’s catering equipment and all parts and components (replacement or otherwise) which is the subject of the services
‘Customer’ means the person firm or company who purchases or agrees to purchase equipment and or repair and maintenance services from Aim
‘Location’ means the location of the Equipment as shown in the PMC or any other location agreed from time to time between the parties
- These Conditions shall apply to all contracts for the sale of Equipment and supply of repair and maintenance services by AIM to the Customer to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions including any terms or conditions which the Buyer may purport to apply under any purchase order, confirmation of order or similar document.
- All orders shall be deemed to be an offer by the Buyer to purchase Equipment and services pursuant to these Conditions.
- Acceptance of delivery of the Equipment or attendance on site of an AIM’ engineer shall be deemed conclusive evidence of the Customer’s acceptance of these Conditions.
- Any variation to these Conditions (including any special terms and conditions agreed between the parties) shall be inapplicable unless agreed in writing by AIM.
Price and payment:
- The Price of the Equipment and/or services shall be AIM’s quoted price or as provided in AIM’s quotation.
- All new Equipment purchases shall be due within 7 days of the date of purchase.Time for payment shall be of the essence.
- Interest on overdue invoices shall accrue from the date when payment becomes due from day to day until the date of payment at a rate of 3.75% above HSBC Bank plc’s base rate from time to time in force and shall accrue at such a rate after as well as before any judgment.
Customers’ obligations in relation to the Equipment:
The Customer shall:
- at all times keep the Equipment in the environmental conditions recommended by the manufacturer of the Equipment;
- use the Equipment only in accordance with such instructions and recommendations relating to the care and operation of the Equipment as may be issued by the manufacturer of the Equipment or as may from time to time be advised in writing by AIM;
- The Customer shall ensure that AIM’s engineers have full and free access to the Equipment when necessary and to any records of its use kept by the Customer to enable AIM to perform its duties.
- The Customer shall provide AIM with such information concerning the Equipment, its application, use, location and environment as AIM may reasonably request to enable it to carry out its duties.
Delivery of Equipment:
Risk shall pass on delivery of the Equipment.
- Notwithstanding delivery of the Equipment, the property in the Equipment will not pass to the Customer until payment of the Price plus vat has been made in full. Until such time as title passes to the Customer, AIM shall have absolute authority to retake, sell or otherwise deal with or dispose of all or any part of the Equipment in which title remains vested in AIM.
- For the purposes specified above, AIM or any of its agents or authorised representatives shall be entitled at any reasonable time during normal business hours to enter without notice onto any premises where the Equipment or any part of the Equipment are installed, stored or kept or are reasonably believed to be.
- AIM shall also be entitled to seek an injunction to prevent the Customer from selling transferring or otherwise disposing of the Equipment. Where the Customer sells or disposes the Equipment prior to full payment being received by AIM, the Customer shall pay the proceeds of such sale into a separate bank account clearly denoted as an account containing monies deposited for the benefit of AIM by the Customer acting in a fiduciary capacity.
- Delivery dates for new Equipment are given in good faith as supplied by the manufacturers or their distributors. AIM shall not be liable for any failure to effect delivery of the whole or part of any order due to any events, errors or any other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of AIM. If delivery is delayed we will notify you as soon as we are aware of the delay and you agree to give us such an extension to effect delivery as is reasonable in the circumstances, especially when Equipment are customized to your requirements.
- Equipment is not sold on a sale or return evaluation basis. Please ensure you order carefully. All equipment despatched by AIM which has been incorrectly ordered by the Customer shall be subject to a 25% handling charge to cover all administration costs in the event of the part or parts having to be returned. All equipment shall be packaged and labelled correctly and all restocking charges shall be met in full by the Customer.
- The Customer shall inspect the Equipment for physical damage before signing to accept delivery from the courier. If the Equipment is damaged or broken, please contact AIM within 2 working days. When signing for acceptance of your Equipment, you are signing to accept ownership of your Equipment in satisfactory physical condition. If you do not check the Equipment at time of signing, and the Equipment has been broken in transit, you will forfeit your right to reject the Equipment for physical damage and we cannot replace or take back your Equipment.
- Once you have accepted your Equipment, please note you have 7 working days to check that your equipment is working satisfactorily. Should the Equipment not work satisfactorily you must contact AIM in order that arrangements can be made for collection and inspection, providing the Equipment is undamaged, unused, and in its original packing and you have not marked either the Equipment or its packing in any way. If you fail to comply with these terms you will be deemed to have accepted the Equipment
- Equipment returned in undamaged, unused condition and in its original packing which has not been defaced in any way, will be inspected by the manufacturer or their distributor and a replacement or return of your Equipment will be made based on their decision.
- AIM warrants that (subject to the other provisions in these conditions) the Equipment will be of satisfactory quality.AIM warrants that it wil use reasonable skill and care in performing the services.
- AIM is not the manufacturer of the Equipment and accordingly all warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law (except as to title) are, subject to this clause expressly excluded. However, AIM will endeavour to pass on to the Customer the benefit of any warranty or guarantee given by the manufacturer in respect of the Equipment.
- AIM shall not incur any liability concerning any representation made by it to the Customer prior to the acceptance of these terms. All terms conditions or warranties implied by statute or common law are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- AIM shall have no liability to the Customer for any indirect, special or consequential loss of the Customer arising out of or in connection with the provision of any Equipment or services pursuant to this Agreement
- Except in respect of death or personal injury resulting from AIM’s negligence the total liability of AIM under or in connection with this agreement whether arising in contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise :
- in respect of all other services shall not exceed the total costs of the services supplied.
Assignment of goods:
- The Customer may not assign, charge or transfer any of its rights or obligations under any Contract without AIM’s prior written consent. AIM may assign and/or sub-contract any Contract at any time.
- AIM is not liable for delays in delivery or cancellation of your order caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control. Examples are supplier transport, manufacturers production problems, governmental action and natural disasters. If this lasts for more than two months, then the contract may be terminated by either party without compensation
- The Contract shall be governed by the laws of England and the parties shall submit to the sole jurisdiction of the English courts.
Shipping And Handling
All equipment orders are shipped FREE OF CHARGE to mainland UK customers.
All spares shipments to mainland UK customers (including dishwasher chemicals and water softeners) will be subject to a one-off courier charge of £15.00.
Delivery to Non Mainland UK, All Equipment orders are shipped FREE OF CHARGE to any Port for Non Mainland UK (ie: Isle of Mann, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands etc)
Almost all of our equipment is in stock and will be dispatched within 3 working days.
If you require a more urgent delivery please contact our office on 01594 822677.
If for some reason when orders are received we have a zero stock level and a delay on delivery is anticipated of more than 7 working days we will notify you prior to processing your order.
All prices displayed or quoted are exlcusive of VAT at the current rate unless otherwise stated.
Credit Card Security
All credit card details are transmitted securely to Paypal and are not communicated to AIM Commercial Catering or any other parties..
We guarantee your satisfaction. All machinery carries a minimum of 12 months parts and labour warranty except where displayed with special warranties. All parts and spares carry a 3 month warranty.
Exceptions regarding warranty claims are :
A) Misuse of equipment
B) Improperly maintained
C) Incorrectly installed
Under these circumstances there will be a charge made to repair all equipment.
If your product arrives damaged or faulty please contact us within 3 working days of receipt and we will arrange a replacement or repair.
If you find that the goods are not required, incorrect or a mistake was made when ordered please return the goods in the original packaging and a refund will be made less a restocking charge of 25%, no postal charges will be refunded. This will not affect your statutory rights.
Payment of goods with order only except where prior arrangements have been made.